What is the Best Electric Razor?
Are you in the market for top rated electric shavers or the best electric shavers of 2017?
Are you having trouble getting the best electric shaver that would suit your need?
Or is cost your problem, and you’re looking to get a low budget shaver?
Do you have problem recognizing a quality and top rated electric shaver, or you don’t know what to look for when purchasing an electric shaver?
Well, look no further.
We’ve prepared this buyer’s guide to help you ease your task of getting best electric shavers irrespective of whatever your criteria might be for choosing one.
First, you need to understand what an electric shaver is, then the qualities to watch out for before getting one. And also the 10 Amazing Facts about Electric Shavers.
What is an electric shaver or what is the best electric razor?
Simply put, electric shavers are the machines used to shave either your beards, hair, genitals, armpit, and etc. they usually do not require the use of a shaving cream, soap or water.
They have a rotating or oscillating blade and are powered by a small DC motor, which is powered by either mains electricity or rechargeable batteries. And also the history of shavers.
Now that we’ve covered what an electric shaver is, let’s take a look at some recommended electric shavers.
Electric Shavers Buyer’s guide – Features to Look out For.
These are quite many but we will touch the most important ones
- Rotary Shaver-type of Foil – Rotary shavers provides comfortable shaving experience and shaving head but they don’t provide a close shave.
Whereas on the other hand, foil shavers are expert in closeness and smoothness. They also contain sharp blades and advanced technology which I really like.
- Wet and Dry Technology – The Wet and Dry technology allows electric shavers to be used either on a dry skin or under the shower. If you’ve got a sensitive skin, then you might prefer shaving with gel foam. That’s where this technology comes handy.
- Corded and Cordless Shaving – Some of the electric shavers allow you to shave while your shaver is plugged in to a socket while some don’t. For example: the Braun series 9 doesn’t allow corded shaving while Braun the series 7 does.
- LED Indicator – A shaver that has a charger with a LED indicator is good enough to keep you updated with the current battery level – it notifies you when you plug in the charger and warn you when the battery is low – and hygiene status.
- Pop-up Trimmers – Most of the shavers come with an incorporated trimmer that can be popped up. The trimmer can be used for grooming, sideburns, heavy whiskers and moustache.
- Easy to use and clean – Ensure the design of the electric shaver you want to get is easy to use and clean. Almost all of electric shavers listed below are easy to use and easy to clean.
Also, most of the electric shavers below come with cleaning dock. All you have to do is to put the shaver inside that dock and press the button, that dock will clean your shaver.
However, some models don’t come with cleaning dock, which means you have to do it manually, but that won’t take more than a minute.
- Price – The prices of the shavers vary. There are cheap ones as there are expensive ones. However, not all high-tech shavers are expensive, and not all expensive shaver are high-tech. In fact, there are some cheap high-tech shavers.
So ensure you verify the price of the electric shaver before payment especially for those that plan on getting low budget shavers.
Also, there are some features that are particular to some shavers’ brand. Therefore, check the specific features of the shaver you hold to be sure you are okay with it before payment.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Best Wireless Routers 2017
Top 12 Best Electric Shavers 2017
In order to ease you of the stress of picking electric shavers, we’ve scoured the market and sampled some of the top rated electric shavers and create what we call ”Men’s Top 12 Best Electric Shaver List”.
We do hope you our ”Top 12 Best Electric Shaver Reviews For Men” will be helpful to you whenever you decide to get an electric shaver.
|Braun Series 7 790cc||200 grams||No||Foil|
|Braun Series 9 9095cc||225 grams||Yes||Foil|
|Panasonic Arc 5||180 grams||Yes||Foil|
|Philips Norelco SensoTouch||454 grams||Yes||Rotary|
|Panasonic Arc 4||200 grams||Yes||Foil|
|Wahl Professional||226 grams||No||Foil|
|Philips Norelco AT830||175 grams||Yes||Rotary|
|Braun CoolTec||200 grams||Yes||Foil|
|Remington F5-5800||200 grams||No||Foil|
|Panasonic Arc 3||180 grams||Yes||Foil|
|Braun Series 3-340s||1 pounds||Yes||Foil|
|Braun Series 5 5090CC||2.6 pounds||No||Foil|
1. Braun Series 7 790cc – Best Electric Shavers 2017
The Braun Series 7 is certainly one of the most popular shaver series ever built by this company and the 790cc model has gone all the way to be the most sold electric shaver of all time.
The Braun Series 7 electric shavers delivers a highly efficient and superior shave. Using a combination of unique technologies, each stroke captures more hairs for thorough results in less time.
The shaver provides an ever pleasing close and smooth shave, with the head of the shaver designed to reach every area of your face, including the neck and the jaw line.
Features of the Braun Series 7 790cc
In terms of features, the series 7 790cc is quite different from all other electric shavers, although it has all the features of an advanced electric shaver.
- Shaving Mode –The shaver has three shaving modes to choose from depending on your skin type and facial features, and to give you maximum comfort. The modes are – Normal, Extra Sensitive, and Intensive.
- Blade – The sharpness the blade provides is also one of the best. Thus, the 7 790cc provides you the closest and best possible shave any electric shaver can. Also, when it comes to comfort, you should know no other brand has what it takes to compete with Braun.
- Battery Life – The Series 7 790cc comes with a Lithium ion battery, and where so many electric shavers fall short, the 7 790cc delivers. The battery life offered by this shaver is undoubtedly great. On a single full charge, you get to enjoy a 65-75 minutes usage time.
- Intelligent Sonic Technology – This technology is designed to automatically increase power in difficult areas or on a denser beard. It uses up to 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute when needed.
- Flexible Shaving System with Motion Technology – The Series 7 790cc comes with flexible cutting elements mounted on a fully pivoting head. The Motion technologies – which is of two sets, Micro Motion and Macro Motion – combine together to allow the electric shaver to contour to the curves of your face, maintaining more skin contact for maximum facial adaptability.
- Advanced Clean and Charge Station – The Series 7 790cc comes with the world’s only 5-action, alcohol-based Clean and Charge Station, which is designed to hygienically clean, charge, and lubricate the shaver. Plus it selects a cleaning program and dries the shaver at the touch of a button – so your Braun Series 7 electric shaver feels like new every day. It can also clean 99% of germs by the push of a single button.
- Triple Trimmer Face – The Series 7 790cc comes with three trimmer face – 2 Opti foil and 1 Active Lift.
The Active Lift trimmer lifts and cuts flat-lying hairs in problem areas, especially in the neck and chin area, while the 2 Opti Foil cuts hairs as short as 0.5mm to deliver the perfect finish every time, giving you a closer shave than any other shaver.
|Flexible shaving system.||Can be quite noisy for some people.|
|100% waterproof shaver for easy cleaning.||Absence of wet and dry technology.|
|3 trimmers face – 2 Opti Foil and 1 Active Lift.|
|Intelligent Sony Technology|
|Synergized foil and blades, which give you a perfect shave.|
|Guaranteed to last up to 7 years.|
|3 personalized shaving modes – Normal, Extra sensitive and Intensive.|
2. Braun Series 9 9095cc – Latest electric shaver by Braun
When an authority speaks, it’s best to pay attention. Next product on our list of best electric shaver 2017 is also from Braun – Series 9 9095cc. The Series 9 is the latest electric shavers’ series launched by Braun. It is an upgrade to all the conquering Series 7 models.
These Series are 5 model, but we’ve only included the 9 9095cc
The 9 9095cc electric shaver comes covered with an all shiny chrome plastic. This series works the same as the 7 790cc with the only difference being the inclusion of an extra trimmer in the 9 990cc.
The Series 9 shaver combines ergonomic Braun design with highest Braun quality. Braun-designed to make a difference. It is the best electric shaver for Bald guys.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Best 3D Pen 2017
Features of the Braun Series 9 9095cc
Being an upgrade model, you should expect a more amazing and better quality features, some of which are reviewed below.
- Shaving Mode – The 9 9095cc comes with three personalized shaving modes – Normal, Extra Sensitive and Intensive. These modes affords are configured to suit skin type and facial features, and to also provide you with the maximum comfort while shaving.
- Battery – The 9 9095cc comes with a strong battery that lasts long and charges fast, with charging options – 60 minutes full charge and 5 minutes quick charge. It charges for maximum battery power at all times.
- Intelligent Sonic Technology – Just like the 7 790cc, the 9 9095cc also comes with the Intelligent Sonic Technology, which is designed to increase power in tough areas and on denser beards. When required and to efficiently deliver, it uses 10,000 micro vibrations per minutes to capture more hair.
- Trimmer Heads – The 9 9095cc comes with more advanced trimmer heads. Unlike the 7 790cc, it comes with a quadruple – 2 Opti Foil, 1 Hyper Lift & Cut, and 1 Direct & Cut – action cutting system for maximal facial compliance. The Direct & Cut trimmer aligns the hairs growing in different direction and cuts them out, the Hyper Lift & Cut trimmer lifts the flat lying hairs and cuts them out, while the Opti Foil trimmer cuts out the short hairs no matter how small, even if it’s as small as 0,5mm, and provides perfect closeness which lasts longer than other shavers.
- Intelligent Syncrosonic Technology – This is another included technology designed to deliver 40,000 cross cutting actions per minute for an outstanding though shave and to provide amazing skin comfort.
- LED Display – The 9 9095cc as a superior model comes with a LED display. The LED-Display displays all information at a solitary glimpse. It shows the battery status, hygiene status and travel lock indicator.
- Advanced Clean and Charge Station – The 9 9095cc also comes with the Braun’s advanced clean and charge station – a 5-action, alcohol-based Clean and Charge Station. It’s designed to hygienically clean, charge, and lubricate the shaver, select cleaning programme and to dry the shaver with a built in fan at the touch of a button, so your shaver can feel like brand new every day.
Even though, Braun Series 9 9095cc is expensive, the new improved features definitely sets it up to be among the top rated electric shavers and no doubt deserves to be on our top 12 best electric shaver reviews for men.
Quadruple trimmer heads. Requires regular replacement of cleaning fluid. Strong fast charging battery with various charging options. High cost price. LED Display for clear digital readouts. All plastic built (It's not sturdy). Comfortable with no irritation. Supports cordless use. Intelligent Sonic Technology. Presence of wet and dry technology. Official electric shaver of NFL.
3. Panasonic Arc 5 – Men’s Electric Razor for Close Shaving
Next up for review is a revolutionary 5-blade shaver from Panasonic – Arc 5. There are four models in the lineup of the Panasonic’s 5-blade shaver, and we’ve chosen the ES-LV81-K for inclusion in our top 12 best electric shaver reviews for men.
The ES-LV81-K Arc 5 is a fully loaded premium electric shaver which also comes with a dedicated cleaning system which supports booth dry and wet shaving.
The Arc 5 also provides the best close shaving that no one in the market can beat or compete with. Also, when compared to other top of the line shavers, it is competitively priced.
Features of the Panasonic Arc 5
As a premium product and a product of Panasonic, the Arc5 men’s electric shavers comes packed with smart, innovative features that deliver a remarkably close and comfortable shave.
- Stainless Steel Nano Blade – The ES-LV81-K Arc 5, just as its name suggests, uses a 5 nanotech ultra-sharp, 30 degrees honed hypoallergenic blades for exceptional closeness, cleanliness and comfort, less irritation for sensitive skin and an outstanding precision. It also uses a Panasonic 5-blade shaving system which provides better coverage per stroke. Thus, resulting in a shorter shaving time.
- Trimmers – The ES-LV81-K Arc 5 comes with five foil trimmers of different types – 3 Slit Foils, 1 Lift Tech and 1 Finishing Foil – to suit different varieties of hair.
The Slit Foils cuts out all of the long and bulky hairs. The Lift Tech reverse tapped edges, and captures and cuts all the flat lying hairs and ingrown hairs.
- The Finishing foil which is a unique ultra-thin razor design cuts outs all of the hairs which might have grown in different direction and missed by the other four trimmers.
- Hyper Performance Linear Motor – The Arc 5 comes with a 14,000 CPM rapid-fire fast, linear motor drive system which is designed to eliminate the tugging and pulling, and irritation that can occur with slower electric shavers. It also maintains peak power right up to the end of the charge.
The motor also enables 70,000 cut per minute across the 5 blades to deliver fast, close and efficient shaving.
- Multi-flex Pivoting Heads and Multi-fit Arc Blades – The Multi-Flex™ pivoting head enables the Panasonic Arc 5 shaver to glide effortlessly – approximately 25 degrees back and forth, and 20 degrees left and right – along the face, neck and jaw line, and under the chin area for a smooth, even, comfort shave, and efficient coverage.
The Multi-fit Arc foils gently conforms to the individual facial, chin and neck contours for a close and smooth shave and an outstanding comfort.
- Automatic Premium Cleaning and Charging System – The hygienic, alcohol-free solution cleaning and charging system in the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc-5 cleans, dries, and charges the electric razor unit automatically to make the shaver storage and maintenance easy and to keep the shaver in topmost condition for daily use. All with the touch of a button.
You can also conveniently clean in second by simply rinsing the shaver thoroughly under running water.
10- Stage Illuminated Blue LCD Display – A 10-stage LCD display in the Panasonic ES-LV81-K displays the battery status, charge indicator and a cleaning reminder to keep your blades fresh.
10 stage LCD display. Large head, which makes it hard to get into tighter areas. Switch-lock button. Quite expensive. Wet and Dry technology. Hyper performance motor A pop-up side trimmer for your moustache and beards. Large heads, which removes more hair in a single pass. Solidly built (Sturdy). 5 trimmer heads.
4. Philips SensoTouch 3D – Best Rotary Shaver
The next on our list is the best rotary shaver and one of the top rated electric shavers. It’s none other than Norelco SensoTouch 3D from Philips, the brand you can trust. It definitely shouldn’t miss out on our men’s top 12 best electric shaver list.
The Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D is a comfortable rotary shaver that sticks to your skin and move smoothly around your face contours, and provide an efficiently close shave.
The Norelco is rated a maximum 5 stars by 60% of its owners, and when it comes to discussion of rotary shavers, it’s always close to the top of the list that is if it’s not number one.
As a top rated rotary shaver and a maximum 5 stars rated shaver by 60% of its owners, there certainly must be some amazing features the SensoTouch 3D possess before achieving that feat.
- Gyro Flex 3D System – The head setting of the Norelco is called Gyro Flex 3D. This is a triangular setting which allows you to easily reach the tighter areas of the face.
- The head has three dynamic parts that can move independently in three dimensions (a unique feature) – flex outward, pivot around, and tilt inward – to follow the natural contours of your face, and minimize pressure and irritation.
- Ultra Track Shaving Heads – the Ultra Track shaving heads – with 50% more shaving surface – have three shaving tracks that catch every hair type for a closer shave, with just a few strokes – comfortably shaving long hairs, flattened hairs, and the short stubbles.
- Optimum Control and Precision – The SensoTouch 3D is designed to be relatively easy to use. Therefore, it comes with an easy-to-hold handle with an ergonomic grip for optimum control, and the convenient pop-out trimmer offers ideal precision for sideburns and moustache.
- Wet and Dry Technology – The SensoTouch 3D is designed for you to be able to shave any way you want. It comes with what is called an ’AquaTec seal’, which gives you the option of either a refreshing shave with gel or foam for extra skin protection, or a dry shave for convenience. The razor can be used in or out of the shower.
Its shaving surface is also designed to be a low-friction Skin Glide shaving surface, which slides smoothly along and over your skin for a close, easy shave without irritation.
- Battery Type and Life – The SensoTouch 3D comes with a Lithium-Ion cordless battery which provides up to 50 minutes of shaving power. The shaver fully charges in 1 hour, but a 3 minute quick-charge can provide enough power for one full shave.
- Travel-Friendly Design – The SensoTouch 3D has a travel lock and comes with a protective pouch. With this, you can easily toss it in your bag, briefcase, or suitcase when you’re on the go.
Additionally, the razor features a worldwide voltage function that adjusts automatically from 100 volts to 240 volts AC, making the Shaver 8100 ideal for international travel.
Overall, the Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D is a great and an advanced rotary electric shaver, and best electric razor for men.
Dual blade system - lifts hairs to comfortably cut below skin level. Relatively expensive. Most suitable for bald head. Does not support corded shaving. 2 years warranty. Fixed irreplaceable battery. Allows quick shave – which takes an average of 3 minutes. No international shipping. Pop-out trimmer for side burns and moustache. Can be used for wet and dry shaving. Fast charging battery. Patented Lift & Cut action.
5. Panasonic Arc 4 – Great Value for the Shave
Up next is yet again another amazing premium model from Panasonic – the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4. You know you can always expect a top most quality from Panasonic.
The Panasonic Arc 4 is a multi-flex 4 blades, dual motor system shaver. It’s designed just like the Arc 5, having almost all of the Arc 5’s features except it does not come with a cleaning and charging station, and lacks on Comfortability, but you can be rest assured it provides a very good close shave.
Features of the Panasonic Arc 4
As earlier said, the Arc 4 is designed similar to the Arc 5 with almost the same feature except that the Arc 4 lacks some major features of the Arc 5. However, the Arc 4 is doesn’t come without its own unique features which makes it worthwhile, and, makes it one of the best electric razor for men.
- Panasonic Arc Shaving System and 30-Degree Nanotech Blades – The Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4 comes with a Panasonic unique shaving system which features a micro-thin, stainless-steel foil to capture, lift and hold whiskers.
The ES-LA63-S Arc 4 shaver also features four super-sharp precision Micro-fit Panasonic nanotech blades that are forged and honed to an acute 30° cutting edge to cut more efficiently and cleanly at the root. Stainless-steel, hypoallergenic blades and foils provide gentle comfort, even on sensitive skin. The result of this is thorough, high-performance shaving, and maximum durability and sharpness with a greater men’s electric shaver comfort and reduced shaving time.
Also, both razor blades and foils are stainless steel and hypoallergenic and are designed to shave gently and comfortably on even the most sensitive skin.
- Multi-Flex Pivoting Head – The agile Panasonic Arc 4 men’s shaver uses a Multi-Flex active head to ensure smooth, uniform motion along each of the individual contours of the face to be able to shave the chin, jaw line, neck and head while also providing outstanding comfort.
- Built-In Precision Pop-up Trimmer – The built-in pop-up trimmer on the cordless Arc 4 shaver head instantly engages in order to give moustaches and sideburns the perfect finish and detail.
- Multi-fit Arc Blades –The Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4 men’s shaver has a head that is gently curved, allowing the shaver to glide uniformly over the chin and along the jaw line for enhanced shaving comfort.
Also, the foil of the Arc 4, enables you to move the cordless shaver head in a circular motion – just ideal for those accustomed to a rotary shaver.
- Wet and Dry Operation – The ES-LA63-S Arc 4 is a wet/dry shaver which allows for a quick, dry shave when pressed for time or an over the sink or in the shower shaving with your favourite shaving foam or gel when time permits.
- High-Performance Motor – The ES-LA63-S Arc 4 is equipped with a fast, quiet, powerful hyper Performance cordless Dual Motor which features a linear drive that delivers a cutting speed of 14,000 cuts per minute – that means 56,000 cross-cutting actions per minute across 4 blades – while a second motor vibrates the Arc 4 shaver head up and down to help lift and hold hair for a clean, smooth, efficient shave.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Best Hoverboards 2017
In comparison with 10,000 CPM shavers, the ES-LA63-S Arc 4 operates nearly 1.5-times faster, with twice the cutting force. The motor also ensures peak electric razor performance throughout the shaver’s battery life.
|Slit Foil for Total Coverage.||No charge and clean station.|
|Safety lock and travel pouch||Comfortability not too great – though may satisfy others.|
|Peak performance anywhere.|
|Wet and dry operation.|
|Built-in pop-up trimmer.|
|Low-price compared to other high-tech shavers.|
6. Wahl Professional 8061 – Best Bump Free Shaver
When professional barbers think to electric shavers, they think to that American brand, Wahl. That’s why we’ve chosen to include one of their brand in our top 12 best electric shaver reviews for men. The Wahl Professional 8061.
The Wahl Professional 8061 is a bump free, powerful, solid and affordable electric shaver which can fit into the requirements of any man.
Features of the Wahl Professional 8061
The Wahl professional 8061 may not be a sophisticated shaver but its quality enough to boast of some very cool features which is lacking in many of the shavers in its category.
- Dynaflex Cutting System – This electric shaver comes with what is called a Dynaflex Cutting system, which helps the shaver to reach and stick to the harder areas like the neck and jawline.
The Dynaflex cutting system also provides flexibility to the shaver which prevents all type of cuts and burns.
- Coated Hypoallergenic Foil Heads – The hypoallergenic foils head helps provide close and smooth shave. It also provides antimicrobial protection from bacteria.
The hypoallergenic foil also makes it suitable for highly sensitive skins.
- Powerful Motor – The Professional 8061 comes with a powerful motor that ensures quick and smooth shaving of coarse and curly hairs, without leaving behind any stubble.
- Bumps-free Model – The Professional 806 is a bumps-free shaver, which makes it perfect for the skin type of black men. It also allows all men, black or not, to enjoy a clean and close shave without razor burns, ingrown hair and irritation.
- Precision Shaving Capability – The Professional 8061 also comes with a precision shaving capability, which gives a quick and smooth shave
- Battery Type – The Professional 8061 comes with a rechargeable Ni-Cab battery which make possible corded and cordless use.
Other features are – easy to us handle, multiple language instruction guard, a wall plug charger, a rechargeable stand, a cleaning brush, a foil and cutter bar assembly.
Although, the Professional 8061 may not have too many great features, but it’s quality can’t be underrated.
The hypoallergenic foil heads of the Wahl Professional 8061 makes it a great choice for people with sensitive skin, and its long lasting battery life also makes it beneficial to those who travel a lot.
Even though, it has some alarming shortcomings, one can still confidently say the – low budget, every professional barber’s choice – Wahl Professional 8061 is one of the best electric shavers 2017 and no doubt one of the best electric razor for men.
Delivers clean, super close and bump free shaving. Frequent high and tough vibrations. Supports cord or cordless operation. Offers not too great Comfortability. Travel friendly. Could heat up a few times while in use. Uniquely designed for the skin type of black men. Lacks the wet and dry technology. Rechargeable unit. Gives precise shaving. Shaves faster and closer with less irritation. Limited one year warranty.
7. Philips Norelco AT830 – Most popular Electric Shaver
The Philips Norelco AT830 is one of the most affordable, and most popular shavers back in 2012 when it was first released.
The AT830 is a power touch, wet and dry electric rotary shaver. It lets you shave any way you want, and provides the comfort you crave and operates quietly. In fact, it can be said to be the excellent gift for everyone.
Features of the Philips Norelco AT830
The Philips Norelco AT830 comes with a lot of handy features that will definitely interest you.
Pivoting Head System for Speed and Comfort – The Pivot, Flex & Float heads system follow every contour of your face to keep on in close contact with the skin for a fast efficient shave that’s also gentle on the skin. It’s also adapted to quickly catch every hair, even on the neck and jawline.
However, for best results, replace the shaving head every 12 months with SH50/52 replacement head.
- Smooth and Gentle on the Skin Shaving – For a smooth gentle on the skin shaving and precise results, the Philips Norelco AT830 comes with a Dual-Precision shaving head system which are designed with slots and holes to quickly, comfortably and effectively shave both the longer hairs and the short stubble.
These low-friction heads are also rounded to further protect the skin.
Super Lift and Cut Dual blade Action with Pop-Up Trimmer – The Philips Norelco AT830 comes with an integrated pop-up trimmer which helps complete your facial hair grooming routine. The pop-up trimmer is also perfect for trimming and shaping moustaches, sideburns, goatees, and more.
The patented Super Lift and Cut dual-blade action lifts the hairs for a comfortable cut below the skin level.
- AquaTec Seal Technology – With the AquaTec seal technology you get the option of either a convenient dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with or without shaving cream/gel or foam for extra skin protection, especially on hard to reach areas like the neck etc.
- Battery Type and Life – The Lithium-ion rechargeable battery of the AT830 lets you enjoy a 50 minutes of cordless shave after just a 1 hour charge.
Also, if you want a quick shave, a 3 minutes quick-charge will provide you enough power for one cordless shave. However, the battery takes just an hour to fully charge, after which you can then enjoy up to 10 shaves. It also last as long as 8 hours.
- The Philips Norelco AT830 also uses a LED charge, and has a battery low and battery full indicator.
- Risk-Free Trial and Warranty – The Philips Norelco AT830 comes with a 45 day risk-free trial and a full 2-year warranty.
Other packages you get to enjoy are – cleaning brush, power cord, protection cap etc.
The Philips Norelco AT830, even though cheap, is a top rated electric shaver and certainly among the best electric shavers 2017.
Skin Protection System to limit skin irritation. Heads pivot only little. Full 2 years warranty. Limited countries for international shipping. AquaTech Seal Technology. 3 minutes quick charge gives a cordless shave. Wet and dry technology. Budget friendly. LED charge, battery low and battery full indicator. Dual Precision shaving head system.
8. Braun CoolTec – Perfect for Sensitive Skin
The Braun CoolTec is a specialist shaver of sensitive skin. It is the first shaver that was specifically designed for a sensitive skin with a TEC (Thermo Electric Cooling) technology to reduce skin irritation.
The Braun CoolTec carefully uses an engineered aluminium cooling strip to cool the skin while shaving reduce skin irritation, burning and redness with every stroke.
Features of the Braun CoolTec
The Braun CoolTec has got quite some unique features that will certainly leave you mesmerizing.
- Active Cooling Technology – The Braun CoolTec comes with an integrated electro-ceramic cooling element which is designed to automatically cool the skin while shaving, reducing shaving irritation. You also don’t have worry about leaving the wash room with a red face.
- CoolTec Technology – The CoolTec technology is a unique feature of the Braun CoolTec electric shaver. It is designed to reduce the symptoms of skin irritation due to shaving by affecting the processes that lead to irritation – As moisture condenses on the cooling bar, the skin’s water content decreases.
This results in less skin tension. The cooling bar counteracts the warmth produced by shaving friction, creating a reduced perception of warmth.
You definitely need to see for yourself the difference the CoolTec makes.
- Adaptable 3-Stage Cutting System – The CoolTec comes with an adaptable 3-stage cutting system which includes independently moving cutting elements which adapt to facial contours to deliver a closer, more efficient shave, and cheers to the specially designed blades this is accomplished with no irritation.
- SensoBlade Technology – The SensoBlade technology targets and captures hairs growing in different directions for a more efficient, ultimately smoother shave.
- Precision Long-Hair Trimmer and Specially-Designed Blades – The CoolTec comes with a specially designed long hair trimmer – for precision – to trim your sideburns, moustache, or beard.
The CoolTec also comes with specially designed blades to cut hair without irritating the skin.
- 100% Waterproof and Fully Washable – The fully sealed body of the CoolTec makes it useable in the shower. It also makes cleaning easy as it can be rinsed under running water.
- Wet and Dry Technology – The CoolTec is a certified wet/dry shaver, and comes with a fully sealed body. This means you get to use it in the shower, under running water or on a dry skin. However, it is not advisable to use with a gel/foam because of the CoolTec technology, as this feature is not compatible with external cooling fluids.
- Rechargeable Battery – The CoolTec comes with a powerful Lithium-Ion battery. It attains full charge in just an hour and lasts for about 45-minutes.
But, if the cooling feature is used, the battery backup will only be for 15-minutes on a single full-charge. You, however, get have the option of turning the Cooling feature on or off with a single button.
- Clean and Renew System – For a hygienic shave and cleaning, the CoolTec comes with a Clean and Renew system whose functions are:
Cleaning the shaver with a unique alcohol-based cleaning solution eliminates 99.999% of all germs – which will be very helpful if you suffer from breakouts or irritation.
The Braun CoolTec definitely represents nothing less than a revolution in the world of electric shaver.
LED display – updates charging, battery and hygiene status. High battery consumption while using cooling feature. Precision trimmer and specially-designed blade. 45-minutes of battery backup could be better. CoolTec, active cooling, SensoBlade and wet & dry technology. Expensive. 100% waterproof. On/Off button. Reduces irritation and specially designed for sensitive skin.
9. Remington F5-5800 – Low Price, Efficient and Affordable Razor
On our number 9th spot is the shaver from the famous powerhouse Remington. The brand that was the first to design cordless charging and recharging system for electric shavers, and has designed a lot of entry level to mid-range electric shavers.
However, we will be reviewing the Remington F5-5800.
The F5-5800 is a shaver that’s supposedly designed to give a close shave with the Interceptor Shaving Technology.
The low cost shaver combines power and technology to provide you a professional quality shave in fewer passes along with a great shaving experience.
Features of the Remington F5-5800
Even though, it may be a low cost shaver, the F5-5800 comes with some mouth-watering features that has made it one of the top rated electric shavers.
- Pivot and Flex Technology with Integrated Interceptor Shaving Technology – The Remington’s F5-5800 comes with a Pivot and Flex Technology head which allows each shaver surgical steel foil to flex effortlessly and independently, so it adjusts perfectly and maintains close contact with the angles and curved surfaces – jawline, chin and neck – of any face for an exceptionally close, comfortable shave.
- Its integrated intercept trimmer technology is an advanced feature designed to cut up to three days’ worth of growth with ease, thus gives you a clean shave. This advanced feature sits between the foils to be able to also pre-trim longer hairs for a closer shave.
- Easy Clean Surgical Steel Blades – The Remington F5-5800 comes with a stainless steel, surgical-grade blades with which you can be rest assured you will enjoy an incredibly close, clean shave. To easily clean the blades, just rinse the shaver under the faucet after use.
- Pop-Up Detail Trimmer – The Remington F5-5800 features a pop-up detail trimmer which is capable to quickly and easily manage thick growth, side burns, moustache and facial hair.
- Rechargeable Battery – The Remington F5-5800 boasts of a 60 minutes cordless battery life with every charge, and you get to enjoy up to 20 days of shaving between charges. The convenient LED power display also ensures you’ll know how much power is remaining.
Also, with the 5 minutes quick charge function you get enough power for a shave.
- 3-Stage System – The Remington F5-5800 features a 3-stage system which uses the intercept tool for pre-trimming longer hairs, and two flexible foils for close shaving.
All great things have their downsides and the Remington F5-5800 is no exception. Aside from the few shortcomings of the F5-5800, the shaver is no doubt one of the top rated electric shavers, and one of the best electric shaver of 2017 considering it’s a low-cost shaver with so much amazing features.
Integrated Interceptor Shaving Technology with LED power display. Makes quite a lot of noise. Supports cord or cordless use - Enjoy flexibility and convenience with the ability to shave cordless. Designed with an all cheap plastic. Provides up to 20 days of shaving between charges and 2 years warranty. Parts require replacement after an average use of 3-4 months. This will attract additional cost. Extremely affordable - costs less than $50. Can only be shipped to selected countries outside U.S. Pivoting heads and Flex Technology. Pop up detail trimmer for thick growth, side burns, moustaches, facial hairs etc. 5 minutes quick charge function with Long lasting battery life – 60 minutes. Surgical steel blades and Washable design for easy cleaning.
10. Panasonic Arc 3 – The Best Mid-Range Foil Shaver
The fully loaded Panasonic Arc 3 is designed with a 3 blade shaving system to give an outstanding shave coverage and closeness, and to provide the comfort everyone craves badly for while shaving.
Features of the Panasonic Arc 3
The Panasonic Arc 3 comes fully packed with smart innovative features that delivers a close and remarkable shave.
- 30 Degrees Stainless Nanotech Blades – The Panasonic Arc 3 comes with a 3 ultra-sharp Nano polished 30 degree angle stainless steel blades to be able to cut hairs at its base for a close, outstanding precision, and ultra-thin Arc foil which follows facial contours for a quick, comfortable shave.
The Panasonic beard shaver blades are hypoallergenic to shave gently with less irritation on even sensitive skin.
- Flexible Pivoting Men’s Electric Shaver Head –The Panasonic Arc 3 comes with a flexible pivoting electric shaver head which glides in a side-to-side and up-and-down movements allow the Panasonic electric shaver head to follow the contours of your face, chin, neck, jaw and especially around your side burns for an effortless and quick shave.
- Fast, Linear Shaver Motor Drive – The Panasonic Arc 3 shaver is equipped with a high performance linear motor drive which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge for consistently smooth and even shaving.
The rapid-fire 13,000 cycles per minute linear motor drive of the Arc 3 also delivers a faster, closer shave. Its razor’s fast, linear motor also ensures a quick cut, eliminating pulling, tugging and irritation that can occur with slower electric razors.
- Multi-Fit Arc Blades – The Arc 3 shaver for men is designed with three independently floating blades which follow the contours of your face, chin and neck for a close and smooth shave.
However, like all Panasonic shavers for men, blades and foil should be replaced when dull to ensure the best electric shaver performance.
- Pop-up Male Grooming Trimmer – The Arc 3 shaver is equipped with a pop-up trimmer which is great for grooming your moustache, sideburns or beards. Just pop it up when you’re ready to use and tuck it away when you’re finished.
- Wet and Dry Shaving Operation – With the Arc 3 you get to enjoy the convenience of a quick shaving machine using a dry operation or a wet operation with foam or gel for a smooth shave. So, enjoy your shaving in or out of the shower.
- Illuminated 10-Stage LCD Display – A 1o-stage LCD digital display built into the Panasonic Arc 3 shaver indicates battery status at a glance, charge indicator, cleaning reminder and sonic vibration cleaning mode.
Other packages you get to enjoy are – a turbo cleaning mode that can accelerate the shaver up to 17,000 RPM so as to shake off residue that may stick to your blade.
Irrespective of how much you pay to get a Panasonic shaver, you can be rest assured you’re buying one of the best electric shavers.
Wet and dry shaving operation with Pop-up trimmer. Slightly irritating. Suitable for shaving armpits and genital areas. Noisy motor. 30-degrees 3 Nanotech stainless steel blade. Comes without a cleaning and charging dock. Sharp and hypoallergenic blades and foils which are sensitive skin friendly. Fast, linear motor drive. Rechargeable – comes with an AC charger.
11. Braun Series 3-340s – Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
The Braun Series 3 340s is the latest generation of Braun’s Series 3 foil electric shaver.
It is designed to be adaptable and versatile, and to easily integrate into any man’s shaving routine.
Features of the Braun Series 3-340s
The Series 3 340s is specifically designed with features for guys who don’t want to compromise. Thus, it comes with improved technology, to not only deliver a better shaving performance, but also incredibly smooth on skin.
- Wet and dry operation – The 3 340s is made for the men who wants to shave their own way. The 3 340s best electric shaver performs both in and out of the shower.
You can customize its performance for improved comfort in every shave as it lets you enjoy your shave with shaving foams and gels or just if you like a dry shave.
- Senso Foil Technology – The 3 340s features a Senso Foil technology, which is designed to glide across your skin for added comfort and control and to make short work of a three-day beard.
The optimized foil also cuts hair more efficiently for an easy shave.
- Triple Action Cutting System – The 340s is fortified with 3 special cutting elements to shave long hair as easily as short hair.
- Precision Long Hair Trimmer – The Braun Series 3 340s comes with a specially designed skin friend precision long hair trimmer to trim your sideburns, moustache or beard.
- 100% Waterproof and Fully Washable – The Panasonic 3 340s comes with a fully-sealed body which makes it suitable for use with shaving foams and gels in the shower.
This also makes it easy to clean simply by rinsing under water, without the slightest compromise in performance.
- LED Display – The Series 3 340s comes with a LED power display which updates you on the battery level and charging status.
- Rechargeable Battery and Smart Plug – The 3 340s comes with a Powerful Ni-MH battery which does not suffer from “memory effect” of repeated charges. The battery attains full charge within an hour, and can lasts up to a week.
Also, a quick charge will give you sufficient power for a single shave.
The Smart Plug has an auto worldwide voltage adjustment (100V–240V), for optimum convenience either at home or away.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Best Crossbow Reviews 2017
The 340S might have come a little cheap as a high-tech shaver that is not enough to write it off as a quality shaver, and from users review it’s definitely a top rated electric shaver.
100% waterproof and fully washable. No Braun Intelligent Sonic Technology. Light weight and great to manoeuvre. Can only be shipped to selected countries outside the United States. Supports wet and dry operation. Might not provide a great result below the chin. Senso foil technology. Long hair precision trimmer – sideburns, moustaches etc. Built-in skin conditioner.
12. Braun Series 5 5090CC – Best Electric Shaver for Men
Taking the final shot on our top 12 best electric shaver reviews for men is yet another product from the number foil shaver brand, Braun – the Braun Series 5 5090CC. Would our men’s top 12 best electric shaver list, have been complete without this? Honestly, I don’t know.
The new Braun Series 5 5090cc is not just another pretty electric shaver. It is designed to have enough power to withstand the storm of any challenge the 21st century climate change disaster might pose.
Features of the Braun Series 5 5090CC
The Braun Series 5 5090cc has been fortified with enough amazing features to make potential buyers addicted, some of which is enough testosterone under the hood to master any beard – even yours. These features definitely makes it a world beater.
- Flex Motion Technology – The Braun series 5 5090cc features the new Flex Motion Tec which delivers 3X more adaptability when compared to previous Braun Series 5 to provide significantly more skin contact in problem areas, for efficient shaving with less skin pressure and skin irritation minimization.
The Flex Motion technology, however, comes in two forms – Micro Motion and Macro Motion.
The Flex Motion Tech with Micro Motion handles individual suspension of all cutting elements, which means they respond to even the smallest contours.
The Flex Motion Tech with Macro Motion – The 40° pivoting shaver head easily and painlessly navigates along larger contours for maximum skin contact.
- Ultra Active Lift and Cross Hair Blades – The Braun Series 5 5090cc features an Ultra Active Lift and a Cross Hair Blade. These effectively capture and cut problem hair, especially in the neck and chin areas, to deliver a close shave that lasts longer.
- Multi-Head Lock – This feature of the Braun Series 5 5090cc offers 5 adjustable angles to achieve a more precise shave, even in difficult areas, like under the nose etc. This does not occur without maximum performance and skin comfort.
- Precision Trimmer – The Braun Series 5 5090cc comes with a skin friendly precise trimmer, for accurate moustache and sideburn shaping.
- Clean and Charge Station – The Braun Series 5 5090cc also features the world’s only 4-action alcohol-based Clean and Charge Station which hygienically cleans, charges, lubricates, and automatically selects the cleaning program.
- 100% Waterproof – The 5 5090cc has been designed to be 100% waterproof, which has made cleaning easy. Thus, it only requires rinsing under water for easy cleaning without the slightest compromise in performance.
- Power Drive –The Braun Series 5 5090cc integrates a Power Drive feature for high speed cutting, even on dense hair, and with a 20% more motor power than previous generations, the razor supplies enough power to shave every terrain.
- Powerful Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery and Smart Plug – The 5 5090cc powerful rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery is fully charged in 1 hour and lasts for up to 45 minutes of cordless shaving.
- However, a 5-minute quick charge will give you sufficient power for one cordless shave.
- The Smart Plug has an automatic worldwide voltage adjustment (100V–240V), for optimum convenience at home or away.
The Braun series 5 5090cc is one of the best electric shavers for men to buy in 2017.
Suitable for both corded and cordless use. Supports dry shave only. 100% waterproof. A bit expensive. Precision trimmer for sideburns and moustache. 45 minutes battery backup could have been better. Official electric shaver of the NFL with Multi-head lock. Suitable for both corded and cordless use. Flex Motion Technology – 3x more adaptation.
Honestly, I don’t think we would have closed our top 12 best electric shaver reviews for men with a better electric shaver.
Electric Shaver is perfect because once you eliminate the razor, you eliminate the bumps, and it’s so easy to use.
Now, you can decide on what is the best electric razor. Go ahead and buy yours today!